What is corporate matching ?
Most companies match contributions to nonprofit organizations (US based 501(c)(3)). This can instantly double your gift to the Birmingham Falls Elementary PTO.
Does corporate matching benefit my employer?
Definitely! Corporations are happy to do corporate matching for two reasons:
a) It provides them valuable tax deductions.
b) It also gives them an opportunity to be good corporate citizens.
Will corporate matching impact me negatively in any way?
Absolutely not. Companies keep corporate matching data totally private. No one has access to this data. In most cases, companies outsource the entire process.
When should I apply for corporate matching?
As soon as you donate to Birmingham Falls. Some companies distribute corporate matching funds right away, while others process them once a quarter. Some companies have strict time constraints within which employees are required to submit corporate match applications. If your company offers corporate matching, please apply for it right away.
My employer offers corporate match but the Birmingham Falls Foundation is not listed?
Adding Birmingham Falls PTO to the list of organizations eligible for corporate match is usually a quick and easy process. You need the following information.
Birmingham Falls Elementary PTO
14865 Birmingham Highway
Milton GA 30004
Once you enter the information into the system, in most cases, BFES PTO will be added very quickly.
What is the process for corporate matching ?
Each company has a different process for employer match.
In general, the steps to get corporate matching are:
- Check to see if your company participates in corporate matching.
- Find out if Birmingham Falls PTO is already listed as a non-profit (501 c (3)) with your company for corporate matching.
- If Birmingham Falls PTO is not listed, you need to add Birmingham Falls PTO to their list. See the information above to add Birmingham Falls PTO to your company’s list of organizations.
- If your company requires hardcopy paperwork to be turned in, please complete the paperwork and return by mail to Birmingham Falls PTO via the school’s address.
- Finally, one last step is needed. Either mail a copy of your receipt (with the total amount, your contribution + match, date on which Birmingham Falls PTO will receive funds from the company) to the school or drop it by the front office.